Saturday, June 13, 2015

Berry Springs Nature Walk NT

Exploring the Territory
 
Last Monday the 8th June we had a public holiday so we went and visited the lovely Berry springs nature Park, we went on a lovely walk through the bush only to discover this lovely boardwalk through the Banyan Trees, it was beautiful and peaceful. I was like arrghh the Serenity!
 

 
These Trees all twist around each other, they were amazing to see, and provide lots of shade making it a very pleasant walk
 
 
Along the Way we were greeted by beautiful butterflies, one of my favourite creatures, so had to stop an admire them doing there thing! fluttering all over the bush.. looking for colourful things to perch on. I was lucky just to get this shot of one!, they kept moving too quickly for me.
 

 
More Banyan Trees!
 
 
Ohhh and we were very lucky to find these wild mushrooms!, not sure what species they are as yet, I need to google... But they were just gorgeous, I knew the fairies were near by! Tried to photograph some dragonflies but my attempt failed. :( need more practice
 

 
Yes!, I look sunburnt but I wasn't really, just warm from walking :)
 
 
We had no idea, that we were going to walk into this pool/Lagoon, just amazing!,  if only I took my bathers!, (must remember next time)
 
They have protected this area with croc traps and fencing stopping them into here, but you are only allowed to swim here in the dry season if the pool is open



 
We took a picnic lunch here followed by an ice-cream from the kiosk, we will be returning to Berry springs again, such a lovely day out.
 
till next time carlz xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment