Thursday, July 23, 2015

Yes The Alcohol Inks are back out!

 
So have been Up to a bit of craftiness lately in the craftroom, but no blog posts!, Maybe I still need training in this blogging Department thing... Sometimes It's seems a bit overwhelming... and sometimes it's fun... Just Got to find that balance, that works.... I will Get there!, at least I try.. :-)
 
Recently We had a Play at the studio at http://scrapmatrix.com/, and got back into some Old techniques that we all love. Yessss!! we got out our alcohol inks and started playing with different backgrounds. We had enough materials in our kit to start a layout or make a few cards. I decided to complete two layouts once I got home!, and you guessed it!, it involved more playing with alcohol inks...  So I came up with two completely different layouts, check out what I created!
 

Bit Partial to the Butterfly one, think this is my favourite out of these two
 
 
And Below is a layout Ive completed for my Penang Holiday Album, Yes look at that Yummy food, Holidays really are about eating! and taking in amazing views..
 
 
On this Page I also splashed Some of the Pitch black ink, it is very different to the other colours... and is solid in colour, not transparent or opaque like the others are.. But still you can get some interesting effects. with it.. This layout was done on 12 inch Gloss card by Ranger, its very handy when you want to colour the whole page as I have done here... I used the Ranger blending tool and felt to pounce on the colours and then let some ink drip on the page too... Followed by some stamping on the page.


 
I love how well the filigree flowers came out, such vibrant colours. To get this solid look we simply just dripped the ink, and let it spread till colour achieved.
 
So stay tuned Yes, more blog posts to follow, I have been up to a few challenges this month and will share the pages I have created for these.
 
regards Carlz xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are on fire Carly! Keep posting your creations for us all to see! The butterfly is also my favourite, but I do like the effects and what you have done in the second one as well. xx

    ReplyDelete